Why We Love It: It's a guide to how we can better understand ourselves and locate a job that is right for us.
Alongside a satisfying relationship, a career we love is one of the foremost requirements for a fulfilled life. Unfortunately, it is devilishly hard to understand oneself well enough to know quite where one's energies should be directed.
A Job To Love is designed to help us out of some of these impasses.
- With compassion and a deeply practical spirit, this book guides us to discover our true talents and to make sense of our confused desires and aspirations before it is too late.
- How we came to desire a job we could love
- The 'vocation myth'
- The output/input confusion
- The dangers of success
- Confidence and inner voices
- The 'perfectionism trap'
- The imposter syndrome
- Good enough work
Read an extract from the book.
Materials & Details
- Hardback book I 189 Pages I 195 x 130 x 18 mm
- Yellow ribbon bookmark
Delivery & Conditions
- Price incl. VAT
- For non-EU orders, please follow instructions at check-out
- Quick delivery normally within 5 workdays
Brand & Designer
The School of Life is a global organisation dedicated to developing emotional intelligence. They apply psychology, philosophy, and culture to everyday life. In their books, card games, classes, workshops etc. they address such issues as how to find fulfilling work, how to master the art of relationships, how to understand one’s past, how to achieve calm and how better to understand, and where necessary change, the world.
Origin: United Kingdom