Why We Love It: don't panic, stay calm - this book draws the attention to the ability to remin calm.
- Calm, Book
- Few life skills are as neglected, yet as important, as the ability to remain calm. Our very worst decisions and interactions are almost invariably the result of a loss of calm - and a descent into anxiety and agitation.
- Surprisingly, but very fortunately, our power to remain calm can be rehearsed and improved.
- This is a book that patiently unpacks the causes of our greatest stresses and gives us a succession of highly persuasive, beautiful and sometimes dryly comic arguments with which to defend ourselves against panic and fury.
Read an extract from the book
- How to Choose a Destination
- What is 'Exotic'?
- The Importance of Sun
- The Pleasure of the Airport
- The Longing to Talk to Strangers
- The Little Restaurant
- Drawing Rather than Taking Photographs
- The Advantages of Staying at Home
Materials & Details
- Hardback book I 136 Pages I 190 x 160 x 17 mm
- Yellow ribbon bookmark
Delivery & Conditions
- Price incl. VAT
- For non-EU orders, please follow instructions at check-out
- Quick delivery normally within 5 workdays
Brand & Designer
The School of Life is a global organisation dedicated to developing emotional intelligence. They apply psychology, philosophy, and culture to everyday life. In their books, card games, classes, workshops etc. they address such issues as how to find fulfilling work, how to master the art of relationships, how to understand one’s past, how to achieve calm and how better to understand, and where necessary change, the world.
Origin: United Kingdom