Within - Howard Tangye, Second Edition
Why we Love it: it's a smaller and more handy edition of the beloved hardcover publication about Howard Tangye.
Style & Shape
- Within - Howard Tangye, Second Edition
- Within is a long-overdue survey of Howard Tangye’s remarkable work as an artist.
- For decades, Tangye has inspired the fashion industry as Head of Womenswear Design at Central Saint Martins College. He has tutored the likes of John Galliano, Stella McCartney, Christopher Kane, Julie Verhoeven, Richard Nicoll, and Hussein Chalayan, to name but a few. What not so many know is that he had a lifelong passion for drawing
- Within presents Tangye’s lifelong passion for drawing, examining his method of undertaking a drawing, his connection to the sitter and his consideration of the hidden human structure beneath layers of clothes.
Style & Shape
- The typeface used throughout the publication responds to this approach by imagining a skeleton of an existing typeface.
- Commissioned texts, photography and considered material combinations enable a reader of the publication to experience Tangye’s creative world.
- Hardcover, 159 x 235 mm, 184 pages
- Second edition Oct 2020 (First ed. published 2013 )
- 54 colour illustrations
- Introduction by Marie McLoughlin
- Text by Abraham Thomas
- Photography by Kasia Bobula
- Designed & edited by Stinsensqueeze
- Published by Stinsensqueeze
- ISBN: 978-0-9926407-3-6
Delivery & Conditions
- Prices include Swiss VAT. Shipping price calculated at checkout.
- Quick delivery normally within 5 workdays
Brand & Designer
Stinsensqueeze is a graphic design studio, founded by Stina Pariente Gromark and Louise Naunton Morgan, based in London & Paris, who specialise in publications, visual identities, exhibitions, typefaces, art direction and digital platforms for individuals, commercial brands and cultural institutions.
Origin: United Kingdom & France