Why We Love It: Combining literature, economics and sheer good sense, Why We Hate Cheap Things reawakens us to the world around us and to the latent beauty and interest of what we have.
- Why we Hate Cheap Things, Book
- We don’t think we hate cheap things, of course, but we often behave as if we do. We rarely properly appreciate what is around us and doesn’t appear to cost very much – for example, the night sky, pencils, fried eggs, zips, and the holding of hands.
- This essay explores the way we can grow disenchanted with our immediate circumstances and pine for what is exotic, costly and out of reach, and gently returns us to ourselves, full of new found wonder and gratitude.
- Why We Look Down on People Who Don’t Earn Very Much
- On Being an Unemployed Arts Graduate
- Good Materialism
- Why We Are So Bad at Shopping
- Business and the Ladder of Needs
- Using Sex to Sell
Read an extract of the book.
Materials & Details
- Hardback book | 96 pp | 181 x 110 mm
Delivery & Conditions
- Price incl. VAT
- For non-EU orders, please follow instructions at check-out
- Quick delivery normally within 5 workdays
Brand & Designer
The School of Life is a global organisation dedicated to developing emotional intelligence. They apply psychology, philosophy, and culture to everyday life. In their books, card games, classes, workshops etc. they address such issues as how to find fulfilling work, how to master the art of relationships, how to understand one’s past, how to achieve calm and how better to understand, and where necessary change, the world.
Origin: United Kingdom